Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area
Click the X on the top right of this announcement box to dismiss this message.

Timing of Purchase Completion

Information about Las Terrazas de la Torre, Costa Calida and Murcia
Irishdean

Timing of Purchase Completion

Post by Irishdean » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process of purchasing an apartment in block 267, hoping to complete Jan / Feb 2018. I'm after a bit of advice from those that have gone through the process on the timing of everything (I'll be asking the lawyer for advice too but no harm in getting the info from you guys first!)

As far as i can tell from researching myself, we'll need to open a bank account ahead of completing so that the money required on completion can be paid via a bank draft at the notary's. If we are having to go over to Spain to do that, is it better to give power of attorney to the lawyer so that they can complete on our behalf? Or can we open an account remotely and then fly in for the completion ourselves without needing to arrange the power of attorney?

Re getting electricity / water / internet etc into our names, is this something that needs to happen before completion, at the same time as completion or after completion? The apartment we are buying is connected to all services at present, and we are hoping to effectively transfer the arrangements over to us, but not sure if that is possible.

Joining the community and arranging payment of fees - when and how do we do this?

And while I'm on, do most people arrange wifi and how do we go about doing that?

Thanks in advance :)

DavePerry

Re: Timing of Purchase Completion

Post by DavePerry » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi
PM'd you.

Also, Duncan's post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52#p138

Dave

thorpej2

Re: Timing of Purchase Completion

Post by thorpej2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi,

Our solicitors helped us open our bank account, having lined up what we needed we just had to go into the branch and sign. I'm not sure if they can open an account using power of attorney. Just for info we use Banco Sabedell who have a really good english website and app, making it easier manage our money remote. Expect to pay for your account in Spain, no such thing as free banking there, but then they have loads of branches.

Your solicitor can also arrange power and water to be connected/set up, but it does take a week or so to get connected, so best to delay visiting until a few weeks after completion if you can. See other threads on best tariffs, might be useful to tell the solicitor what you want as I think they tend to go for basic (dearer) tariffs.

Wifi/internet is from A2Z who are based on La Torre in the town centre. We pay 18€ pm for 4Mb which we find is fine for most things.

Finally welcome to TDLT, hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.
Jim..