Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area
Click the X on the top right of this announcement box to dismiss this message.

Electric bills

Information about Las Terrazas de la Torre, Costa Calida and Murcia
Michaella Walker

Electric bills

Post by Michaella Walker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi all

New owner so need help please. Can you tell me on average what the standard charge is for a 2 bedroom apartment here. I've received a electric tariff saying its a standard charge of 45 euros every two months. Plus what we've used. So my bill for the last 2 months was 69 euros. Although we haven't been in the apartment over the last 2 months. Do you think this is correct or do I need to speak to them to change the standard traffic? Advice please. Not sure if this is correct at all. Thanks

Duncan

Re: Electric bills

Post by Duncan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi Michaela,

My normal standing charge is approximately 25€ per month. I have a few electrical items that I leave permanently on which use about 5€ of electricity a month. Also, I am billed monthly, not two monthly.

Do you have an itemised bill which shows you the breakdown of your bill?
Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area

Michaella Walker

Post by Michaella Walker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Duncan, I'll check to see what I have. That's a big difference. We turned everything off when we left the Apartment and un plugged everything. It's all very new to us so we're not quite sure what we should be paying for at the moment. Thanks for your help. I'll get back to you asap

Michaella Walker

Post by Michaella Walker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi Duncan ok I've checked its every two months we get a bill.
Energy 46 €
services 5.69 €
Vat 10.85 €
Total 62 €

Personally this sounds quite expensive to me especially as we've not been there. Any suggestions advice please

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:54 am

Michaella,

Iberdrola have a number of plans. Also, other online only plans

I have the Conect@ Electricity Holidays plan. This gives you a 10% discount on the fixed charges and no discount on electricity used. This tariff is only available online. Other tariffs offer 10% discount on electricity used but no discount on fixed charges for example. You need to select the one that suits you best. If you aren't in your apartment often and it is mostly empty, the Conect@ Electricity Holidays plan is probably the best one for you unless you use a LOT of electricity when you are in your apartment.

My last bill was 27/12/16 - 29/1/17. The breakdown was as follows:
Energy €26.79, Services and Other items €0.88, VAT €5.81.
Comparing this to yours it looks like perhaps you are paying for home electrical protection insurance? On the standard Iberdrola Homes Plan, they put this on by default and you have to ask them to remove it.

My bill costs are mostly standing charges and taxes and break down as follows:
Standing charge: Capacity 5.75 kwh at 0.115646€ per kwh per day - 10% Discount
Usage charge: Energy 0.12551€ per kwh used
Electricity Tax 5% of the total of the above
Meter rental 0.88€
IVA 21% of the total of all of the above

Michaella Walker

Post by Michaella Walker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for your help. I'll pop in there too when we come over in March

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 pm

The Conect@Electricity Holidays plan is an online only tarrif. You can only sign up for it online.

Juerg

Post by Juerg » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:27 pm

I have had the same problem first. We paid about EUR 45.00 per month, without the use of electricity. Then I intervened at Iberdrola, without success. A friend of mine then looked at the contract and told me what I did not need. Now the fee per month is only EUR 19.00, without consumption! Sorry for my not so good English, but it is not my mother language ;)

Kind regards, Juerg

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Juerg,

You can use your native language and we can translate to English using the translate button on the top left of the page.

Similarly, you can translate our posts to your native language using the same translate button.

Your English is better than my German, French, Italian or Romansh... :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Some advice from Phil Ryan
REDUCING YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL (Iberdrola)

Owners can adjust one or both Levers

1. Contract Capacity - FIXED COST (maximum amount of electricity used at any one time)

Yours will be set at either 5.75km , 4.6km or 3.45km - a one step reduction will save you circa. 9/10 euros per month - every month

Iberdrola advised us that even with our 3 aircon units , our oven and all lights on we would not exceed 3.45KW !

Check your details with Iberdrola and make your decision......

2. PV Rate (cost per kw used)

This rate includes 10 hours per day peak and 14 per day at VALLEY Rate (reduced)

The Winter Peak hours are from 12pm till 10pm

The Summer Peak hours are from 1pm till 11pm

You can change one or both levers - Contract Capacity or/and PV Raté

Changing both generated us savings of over €230 per year (2 Bed apartment)

Making the change :-

The easiest way to make the changes is to visit your local Iberdrola office in San Javier early on a week day morning with a copy of your bill and your NIÉ number & Passport details

You could also phone Customer Service (in English) 900 322 044 or (0034) 91 649 6330 if you are calling from outside of Spain

or

Log on to www.iberdrola.es/customers/contact/service-points

Best of luck

Phil

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:11 pm

After following Phil's advice, my January electricity bill dropped from €33.48 in 2017 to €19.54 in 2018 with an almost identical consumption.

TCAAIVA

Post by TCAAIVA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Another tip to save some unnecessary expense is to see if Iberdrola is charging you for 'Home Electrical Protection'. When we set up our supply, it was added by default (typical up-sell) but it's not mandatory so if you have separate contents insurance you shouldn't need it. We've asked Iberdrola to cancel the 'Home Electrical Protection'. It's a bit slow changing the contract meanwhile when we queried the individual monthly bills we have been given a credit each time. It's easy to do online using the 'clientes' Email address.

Irishdean

Post by Irishdean » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:03 am

I have recently completed a purchase in block 267, and my solicitor has registered me with iberdrola on their stable plan. When i go online, my plan is shown as 'Network access tariff Tf. Peaje BT 2.0 A DHA'

I can't see any way to check whether i am on the 3.45kw plan, any suggestions?

TCAAIVA

Post by TCAAIVA » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 pm

We've had a few queries with the Iberdrolla bills as they aren't very user-friendly documents and requested changes aren't always fully actioned. It's not always convenient to go to the Iberdrolla office and when we've 'phoned, again we've found that the action hasn't been taken. I've found Iberdrolla is quite prompt replying to e-mails and you'll get the help of receiving an interim e-mail acknowledgement with a unique query I/D number. Eventually, the query gets solved but you'll need to understand and check your subsequent bill to be absolutely sure. The address will be shown on your bill clientes@iberdrola.com

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi IrishDean,

Login to your Iberdrola Account

Click on My Bills. View one of your bills. Under heading Bill and Consumption sub heading Energy (Page 2) there is an entry Capacity Invoiced. This will either be 3.45kw, 4.6kw or 5.25kw. Mine is 3.45kw.

If you want to change it, you can use the Discover your plan option, but if I remember correctly, I had to go a different route to get the actual plan that I wanted.

Hope this helps.

Irishdean

Post by Irishdean » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:54 pm

thanks Duncan. I've been able to see the account online but haven't had a bill yet so maybe have to wait until then.

PierreSonia

Post by PierreSonia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 pm

J'ai une question concernant les factures.
Comment IBERDOLA calcule la consommation d’électricité vu que chaque mois, la société facture un montant?
A t-on un décompte annuel comme chez nous en Belgique et si la consommation est moindre que ce que l'on a payé durant l'année, il y a un remboursement? ou bien, ça ne fonctionne pas du tout de cette façon?
Nous sommes propriétaire depuis 9 mois.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:31 pm

No estimates are used. Consumption is charged monthly and is based on actual usage. We all have smart meters so there is no need for anyone to read the meter.