Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area
Click the X on the top right of this announcement box to dismiss this message.

New owner utilities

Information about Las Terrazas de la Torre, Costa Calida and Murcia
rachel welch

New owner utilities

Post by rachel welch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi all
I am coming out on jan 28 to complete on my apartment in 29th how long does it take to get utilities on?
Rachel

Duncan

Re: New owner utilities

Post by Duncan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Up to three weeks, but if you keep on top of your solicitor and keep nudging them it could be quicker.
Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area

colinsfoto

Post by colinsfoto » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 pm

Rachel, as Duncan says.
However there is no reason why your solicitors can't organise that ahead of your completion date. That said, Hidrogia (water) are a law unto their own.
At least if Iberdrola get your electricity on, you can survive a few days or more on bottled water...:-)

rachel welch

Post by rachel welch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 am

Thank you

cath

Post by cath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi Every
We have just returned from our first stay in our new apt in block 43 and noticed how clean the hallway was compared to our visit in Dec. Having just received our first electricity bill which was 37 euro i wondered is this an average bill? also we are on the 5 kw tariff i have been told if we reduce it to the 3 kw tariff that it may not be sufficient and the power may keep tripping. Does anyone have any experience of the lower tariff.
Catherine

colinsfoto

Post by colinsfoto » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:02 pm

37 EUR sounds about right. We can hit 65 EUR over a month if we have been using aircon/heating a lot. We were on 5.75kW initially but I dropped it to about 4.8kW. Looking at our daily consumption figures I think I could drop that even lower to around 3.8kW. You can switch it online but there is a 10 EUR fee every time you do it. Not sure if they charge that fee if you do it over the phone or in Iberdrola's office.
If you monitor your consumption breakdown online you will soon see what your max consumption has been.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

I have the 3.45kw supply and it has never tripped out. I have never heard of anyone else who has a 3.45kw supply that has tripped out either. My average bill when I am not in the apartment is €20. This is with internet, fridge/freezer and weather station always on.

cath

Post by cath » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback it good to know how others manage their electricity usage.
Catherine

almaniac

Post by almaniac » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi.
We are on the 3.45 and have tripped it a number of times it depends how many items you have switched on at the same time.
For short periods of time you can go over 5kwh. People in our block have tripped the 5kwh a number of times.
Our electric bill for January was 80e but we like to keep warm.
I have installed a energy meter so can see what we are using or should i say the wife using

DavePerry

Post by DavePerry » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi
How to you reset, is it just the RCD inside the apartment?

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 am

The advice from Iberdrola is if it trips, switch everything off, wait 30 seconds for the smart meter to reset and then switch your appliances back on. If it trips often then you might want consider either
  • paying for a larger supply
  • putting less appliances on at a time
We are on the 8 hours plan so tend to schedule things like the water heater for showers early evening, washing machine in the morning, the oven/hob in the evening, dishwasher late evening.

These are the electricity guzzlers, anything that heats water should be used in a controlled fashion. As almaniac said. If you put all of those on at the same time you would trip a 5.65kw supply which is the most you can get.

DavePerry

Post by DavePerry » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 am

Cool. Thought there was a remote switch that had to be reset manually. On max as I don't want it tripping when the good lady's here. Will change down to middle one later. Thx

colinsfoto

Post by colinsfoto » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:55 am

These days the original three Iberdrola kW rates seem to have been replaced by the option to choose a rate from a range in 0.1 kW steps. Check it out online :-)