Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area
Click the X on the top right of this announcement box to dismiss this message.

Transport at Las Terrazas

Information about Las Terrazas de la Torre, Costa Calida and Murcia
Duncan

Transport at Las Terrazas

Post by Duncan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Although it is preferable to have your own car at Las Terrazas, there are a number of options available to get out and about without a car

Taxis
Taxis are expensive in Murcia. Roldán Taxis is a taxi company based in Balsicas. Typical costs are €10 to Roldan or Balsicas, €25 to San Javier airport or Los Alcazares and €100 to Alicante airport.

Buses
Alsa national buses from Alicante airport to Murcia etc
Movelia Buses - local buses from Roldán to Los Alcazares, Torre Pacheco, Murcia etc.
Latbus - regional buses from Murcia including the 70 bus which goes from Murcia to Campoamor via Balscicas, Sucina, San Pedro del Pinatar, Pilar de la Horadada and San Javier etc

Trains
Renfe Trains - trains from Balsicas to Murcia, Cartagena, Alicante, Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid etc.

Cars
If you need to hire a car, I recommend DoYouSpain. They have a large selection of local suppliers with the option to cancel and rebook should prices drop (as they often do). Some points to think about:
  • Always buy your own excess insurance, it is much cheaper than taking it out from the hire company. You can buy it from DoYouSpain on a per trip basis or take out separate trip or annual excess insurance elsewhere e.g. TravelSupermarket or MoneyMaxim
  • Always take out full/full fuel policy. Full/Empty may seem cheaper but inflated fuel costs and refuelling charges soon put paid to any savings you thought you made.
  • Dickmanns are the cheapest for a reason. The price you see is rarely the price you pay. Pressure sales for their excess insurance, high fuel costs and admin charges, regularly charge for damage that wasn't there and they debit your excess on collection (around €1000) and take months to refund. My advice would be to avoid like the plague.
Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area

DavePerry

Re: Transport at Las Terrazas

Post by DavePerry » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Excellent advice Duncan.
Car-hire, I've used a number of companies. Sol-mar was ok, Enterprise/Atesa & now I just go direct to Centauro (select comfort, full/full) & it hasn't been a problem being off airport. They do debit the cost of a tank of fuel but this is always refunded immediately at the end of hire. Heard good feedback from Goldcar. These companies, if you don't purchase their insurance which I don't, they pre-authorise the excess on the credit card however, Dickmanns they debit the deposit and refund it several weeks after the hire is complete. Important that the car is paid for using the credit card of the main driver. I buy an annual EU excess insurance policy from Insurance4carhire for about £40, never claimed but I first saw it recommended in the Daily Telegraph. The insurance covers lost keys, misfueling, towing, glass, flat battery etc.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:53 pm

For the record, my favourites are:
  • Interrent, the budget arm of Europcar who usually have some good deals if your book close to arrival date. I suspect that they are actually Europcar cars that haven't been rented. Rarely any queues at the rental desk. No problems with imaginary damage.
  • Firefly, consistently competitive, no-pressure sales, never any queues at the desk. No problems with imaginary damage.
I have no experience of Goldcar or Centauro, but I was put off by the huge queues with Goldcar.

Dave Burgess

Post by Dave Burgess » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi,
I too have used DYS for the last 8 years however recently when I received a reminder about my next flight with everyones favourite airline, LOL, I thought I'd give it cursory view and low and behold it was quite a bit cheaper and it's full/full with Goldcar. I have been using Firefly, very friendly folks, anyway I'm trying out Goldcar this time.

Tracey

Post by Tracey » Sat May 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi , could you please tell me if it's possible to get a bus from the airport to the apartments?

DavePerry

Post by DavePerry » Sat May 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi
No buses. Hire car or Taxi.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat May 05, 2018 11:50 pm

No bus services from San Javier Airport to Las Terrazas. There are buses from San Javier to Balsicas but given you will need a taxi both ends it will be more convenient to get a taxi for around 30€

When Corvera opens there may be a bus service