Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area
Click the X on the top right of this announcement box to dismiss this message.

Electrician

Make or seek recommendations here
garypaterson58

Electrician

Post by garypaterson58 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Looking for local electrician to fit ceiling lights throughout (13 in total) and to upgrade the fusing on the cooker

Duncan

Re: Electrician

Post by Duncan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 am

My keyholder fits lights. will pm his details if he doesn't respond here.

With respect to the cooker, are you suffering from the circuit breaker kicking in when the oven is switched on? This is a common problem with condensation on the element.
Register and then forward the latest weekly Resortalia newsletter to lasterrazasdelatorre@gmail.com to get access to the private owners area

admin161058

Post by admin161058 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Bonjour le problème du four qui fait déclencher le différentiel c est dimanche l humidité enlever le fil de terre du four faire chauffer le four plusieurs fois puis ne pas oubliée de remettre le fil de terre bonne journée

garypaterson58

Post by garypaterson58 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Duncan

Thanks for your reply.

When I was out in June and starting the process of purchase I was talking to a resident in a nearby block to where I’ve purchased who does apartment refurbishing for new buyers and he said I would have to get the oven wiring changed and a larger fuse fitting as the apartments are not designed to facilitate the loads that us brits put on the electrics. He wanted to charge me 150 euro for fitting the lights, 60 euro for upgrading the cooker electrics, 130 euro for cleaning the apartment and 1600 for fitting air conditioning

He also advised I would need a Wi-Fi router fitting for euro and a TV package which would cost 30 euro a month

I wasn’t sure about what he was saying so that’s why I asked for advice on here

I’ve been in touch with a local electrician who charges 10 euro for each light and said he would look at the electrics and a local onsite cleaner who could clean for 60 euros

Any advice would be useful

Regards

Gary

TCAAIVA

Post by TCAAIVA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm

We bought several of our lights from Tien21 in Roldan. It fits lights for 6 € each. It also agreed to fit some that we bought elsewhere for 6€ each. Tien 21 will also supply and fit air con at sensible prices. As for upgrading the power for your cooker, check the capicity rating you have signed up for. We manage comfortably on 3.45k but you can have higher (approx 5kwh from memory) which costs a higher monthly tariff. Can’t help feel that the Brits get ripped by other Brits who offer such services.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:49 am

Gary,

Those prices are way too high. Your other quotes seem more sensible. My keyholder is aware of your post and I am sure he will respond when he figures out how to register :lol:

admin161058 also gave the solution to the oven problem. To translate to english, just select english as the page language top left of the page. There is no need to replace your circuit breakers, they are perfectly OK.

Plenty of advice on aircon engineers elsewhere. I hope €1600 was to supply and fit not just fit ....

garypaterson58

Post by garypaterson58 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Thanks for the replies I am getting the impression that some brits on site are looking to make a decent buck out of other brits. I’ve heard good things about Tien21 so will be looking on their website for lights. I need to decide if I need a professional cleaner to do the inside or if I can do it myself?

TCAAIVA

Post by TCAAIVA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Are you buying a bank re-pro? Yes, they are pretty mucky inside. When we bought ours, we spent 2 days cleaning it very thoroughly - just mops, dusters, cleaning fluid, elbow grease and sweat. Thankfully the decor was good so it ended up exactly to the high standardized we wanted to.achieve.

We were happy to do that but if the above list puts you off, there are plenty of cleaning companies that would do it for you. Having said that, prior to buying we rented twice (Torre & Terrazas) and in both cases we were not impressed with the level of cleanliness even though they were supposed to have been cleaned before we arrived.

Suppose it depends upon if you have the time, energy and what standard you want.

garypaterson58

Post by garypaterson58 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was out in June for a week in a rental to get a feel for the site. I ended up paying 70 euros for cleaning at the end of our stay which I thought was extortionate for a 2 bed apartment.

As Duncan said before a lot of brits trying to make a buck out of other brits

Yes I’m buying in phase one ground floor 1 bed apartment. I’ve been told it’s been empty for 12 years?? Not sure how true that is. On inspection the inside is orange looking dust which I suppose has blown in from the golf course I want to get the ceiling lights fitted before cleaning and am happy to pay someone to do it. Obviously don’t want to get ripped off if it’s sonethng I can do myself

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:53 am

Hi garypaterson58,

I believe the first apartments on Phase 1 were released around 2010 but I could be wrong. The orange dust is probably Saharan dust which blows in under doors. Best to sweep it up and out before attempting to wash.

Not sure I said that brits were trying to make a buck out of other brits? I said the prices you had been quoted were too high. I have used the services of Spanish, French and British tradesmen and found them all to be mostly satisfactory and reasonably priced. But yes, there are some who try to take the Mickey ...